Odenwaldbahn project - Germany - Deutsche Bahn
- A Deutsche Bahn project: modernization of the Odenwaldbahn infrastructure with electronic interlock and GSM-R.
- Time and cost-efficient installation of a fiber optic and copper cable infrastructure
- Pilot application of Nexans’ innovative DuoTrack® system for Deutsche Bahn.
- Cable deployment in the difficult topography of a regional railway line.
- Nexans provided a turnkey solution with 60 km 8 quads and 40 km 16 quads DuoTrack® cable, 12 km fiber optic cable, 130 WTC2-HC hybrid closures and a matched laying technology with 150.000 clamps and 1.000 cable branches.
- Cables manufactured in Germany, Norway, Spain and Belgium. Closures and optical fiber accessories from Nexans in France. Laying technology was provided from the partner company, Contec Transportation Systems.
- High dynamic strength up to 420 m/s2 according to EN50125-3.