Medium-voltage power and feeder cables
- 6/10, 12/20 or 18/30 KV depending on country
- These cables carry power to substations along metro lines
- Special solutions include
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber or Silicone insulations for flexibility
- special XLPE insulations that can withstand water, oil, heat, stress and extreme temperatures, while meeting Low Fire Hazard (LFH) cable requirements
- New designs offer
- non-hygroscopic characteristics
- direct burial for underground-to-surface transitions
- core ceramifiable cables to keep alarms and essential services operating during a fire.
Nexans is upgrading MV cables for the London Underground to satisfy the power needs of new vehicles. We power subway systems in Paris, Berlin and Hamburg, and the MAGLEV Transrapid in Shanghai. Recent successes include Athens, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Santiago, and Istanbul, where we provided 200 km of 35 KV LFH cables.
Aplicaciones Industriales e Especiales/Wind Energy cables
LV trailing cables 0,6/1 kV in two sheath design is designed for special application condition in wind turbines. The construction is torsion resistance by free hanging max. 100 m. The cables are specified for medium mechanical stress and for operation under permanent influence of seawater and outdoor usage.
High-voltage cables for transmission