Nexans provides a full range of rolling stock power cables used in many applications to equip the power circuit in locomotives and cars (high speed train ; intercity train, metro , tramways etc…).
Operating voltage is ranking from 500 V to 6 kV and cross section from 0.5 to 400 mm2.
All cables meet strict technical requirements in terms of following performances:
- Electrical (Temperature class, insulation resistance, conductor linear resistance)
- Mechanicals properties (resistance to cut, abrasion, tearing resistance)
- Environmental (oil, gasoil, ambient temperature, life time), (anti gasoil)
- Fire (low-smoke and toxicity, flame and fire propagation, continuous operation in case of fire)
- High flexibility (class 5) and easy-to-install in the compact rolling stock environment
The complete cables range is available from 90°C to 150°C continuous temperature.