LV trailing cables 0,6/1 kV in two sheath design is designed for special application condition in wind turbines. The construction is torsion resistance by free hanging max. 100 m. The cables are specified for medium mechanical stress and for operation under permanent influence of seawater and outdoor usage.
- Onshore underground single-core cables (typically 33 kV) connect the rows of wind turbines and, in parallel, links them to an onshore substation
- Offshore cost-efficientsubmarine 3-core copper cables with integrated fiber optic elements and customized armor designs to link the turbines.
High-voltage cables for transmission
- Onshore AC transmission: cables ranging from 60 kV to 500 kV, XLPE insulated, are used for power transmission from the onshore windpark substation to the central grid.
- Offshore AC transmission: submarine cables ranging from 60 kV to 500 kV with various designs available: 3-core XLPE cables (60-225 kV); single core XLPE up to 400 kV.
- Onshore and offshore DC transmission up to 500 kV applicable for high transmission requirements and long distances: mass-impregnated cables with an Integrated Return Conductor, and Polymer-based insulated DC cables.