Nexans LANactive FTTO solution is an alternative LAN technology for networks in office environments. Passive fibre cabling and compact switches are combined to build full FTTO network to provide Ethernet services from the central distribution room to end user devices.
Nexans compact FTTO switches are the core of LANactive solution and provides ideal basis for secure and reliable Fiber to the Office (FTTO) network. LANactive switches ensure intelligent conversion from fibre to copper and vice versa. Each switch, installed at the workplace in cable ducts or floor boxes (with 45x90mm form factor), is equipped with four copper RJ45 user ports to feed terminal devices with data and power. Fibre speed, reliability and long distance coverage are coupled with the Ethernet benefits of copper. This solution meets current and foreseeable network requirements in terms of flexibility, cost efficiency and network Interoperability.
LANactive Industry solution provides the following benefits
- Easy to install, adjust and repair
- Minimal cable volume and equipment footprint
- Up to 60% faster installation, 70% lower energy consumption, 30% lower TCO
- Support for several generations of active equipment
- Highly scalable and flexible
- Increased protection of investments