Integrated Gas Development (IGD) project - Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Gas Industries (Gasco) plans to build a fifth gas processing plant at Habshan, Abu Dhabi.
- The plant is part of Abu Dhabi’s Integrated Gas Development (IGD) project which aims to increase the offshore gas production by 1 billion cu.ft/d (high pressure gas).
- The gas will be produced at the offshore Umm Shaif field and Khuff reservoirs.
- Nexans delivers fiber optic / instrumentation cable.
- The function of the optical fiber system is to provide a physical layer of connectivity for the distribution for Telecommunications and Information Technology services between the plant buildings in both Process and Non-Process areas.