Medium-voltage power and feeder cables
- 6/10, 12/20 or 18/30 KV depending on country
- These cables carry power to substations along metro lines
- Special solutions include
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber or Silicone insulations for flexibility
- special XLPE insulations that can withstand water, oil, heat, stress and extreme temperatures, while meeting Low Fire Hazard (LFH) cable requirements
- New designs offer
- non-hygroscopic characteristics
- direct burial for underground-to-surface transitions
- core ceramifiable cables to keep alarms and essential services operating during a fire.
Nexans is upgrading MV cables for the London Underground to satisfy the power needs of new vehicles. We power subway systems in Paris, Berlin and Hamburg, and the MAGLEV Transrapid in Shanghai. Recent successes include Athens, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Santiago, and Istanbul, where we provided 200 km of 35 KV LFH cables.
Related products and solutions
Power Generation/Wind Energy cables
This flexible medium voltage cable is specially designed for Wind Turbines supplied with specific terminals following particular cable and phase’s lengths as pre-determined to fit the accessories and with reinforced construction to use in free suspension and subjected to a torsion efforts and in accordance to the tower capacity and height project.
Accordance to the project of the windtower, the cables can be supplied as a harness unit, fitted at both ends, at the transformer side and at the switchgear side with pre-mounted terminals