StandardsInternational : IEC 60754-1; IEC 60754-2
National : NF C 32-070/C2
Nexans produces a range of Multimedia & Data Transmission cables for on-board railway equipments. Using the FLAMEX technology, these halogen free cables are intended for applications where flame retardancy is required. They are particularly recommended for the cabling of rolling stock applications.
This range of products meets the current needs of the market especially regarding the interoperability of trains and railway equipments throughout Europe (ERTMS).
These cables are adapted for data transmission up to 100 MHz, with performance close to that of 'CAT5' cables.
Nexans experience in the design of shielding technology enables us to propose all constructions with high EMC protection.
- WTB ( Wire Train Bus ) :
- connectivity between coaches, Plug & Play concept,
- coaches can be coupled and uncoupled while in service.
- MVB ( Multifunction Vehicle Bus ) :
- connectivity within one car,
- can be used within a set of cars ( TGV ).
MVB & WTB are a part of the TCN protocol defined in the IEC 61375.
- PROFIBUS, video on request, audio…
Standards and specifications
External Jacket NF F 63-808 or NF F 63-826 according to the version.
Our cables are compatible with :
- Most available connectors for rolling stock,
- 'Field RJ 45' connectors,
- Shielded connectors.
|Conductor material||Tinned copper|
|Electro magnetic interference resistance||Yes|
|Flame retardant||IEC 60332-1|
|Smoke density||IEC 61034|
|See all products|