Electronic and data transmission cables
- Thermoplastic Modified (TPM) 2 to 5-core sensor multicore and multipair cables measure wind speed, temperatures, and performance parameters
- 2-core Fieldbus cables are used in parallel with energy cables to digitally control all electronic and mechanical devices.
- 2-core Profibus cables deliver up to 12 Mbit/s for complex control services
- Data transmission cables offer Industrial Ethernet speed.
- Increasingly, all cables are shielded for EMC protection.
Nexans has supplied electronic and data transmission cables to Hyundai Heavy Industries and Sinovel.
These cables are part of our Windlink® solutions designed by Nexans to respond the very demanding expectations of the wind turbine market.
Related products and solutions
Industrial and Special Applications /Wind Energy cables
These flexible shielded cables contain from 2 to 100 cores. They are used to carry both the energy (usually 300- 500 volts) and low-frequency signals to control the motor drive or the generator for breaking, positioning or optimizing rotor RPMs.