Today, Nexans offers the market for high-tech cable cables that allow line optimization, providing lower environmental impacts.
Know the LO-SAG™
- Great power tranmission capacity.
- Reduced sags.
- Conductor with less weight.
- Compact conductor, lower electrical resistance.
LO-SAG™ - Advantages in use with low sags
Compared to a conventional round conductor of the same diameter:
- Transmission capacity up to 100% higher.
- Smaller sags in maximum power transmission capacities.
- Core of carbon fiber with mechanical resistance 50% higher than steel of the same diameter and specific weight 1/4 of the weight of steel.
- Carbon fibers pultruded and agglutinated with a special resin for protection against bad weather.
- Additional protection, with millimetrically shaped aluminum tube, to prevent oxidation and aging of carbon fibers, even with continuous operation at elevated temperatures.
- Recapacitation or repowering of overloaded existing lines, maintaining the diameter, with smaller weight, lower sags and without increasing the mechanical stresses in the structures.
- Long spans or crossings of new lines, allowing for lower and more economical structures.
- New lines with normal operation, up to 90 °C, with total project optimization and widely favorable technical-economic results.